recipe: one pot wonder pasta

I found this recipe on Pinterest and today I decided, what the heck? I'll do it, I'll cook this delicious looking meal. So I did. It was incredible! I am one-hundred percent serious. YUM.

I think my '21 recipes before 21' is doing some good.

Here we go:

One Pot Wonder Pasta
















Adapted from Family Bites
Original makes 4-6 servings, I halved it.

Ingredients:

6-8oz. (half box) spaghetti or linguini
1 cup diced chicken breast (I used 3 frozen breast tenders, they are like smaller breasts)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth or water
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest of lemon half (I used about 10-12 drops of lemon juice)
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
Grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Place pasta, chicken, peas, and mushrooms in your pot, then cover with stock, olive oil, lemon zest (or juice), and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium high, still boiling and cook, stirring and turning the pasta frequently to break it up and keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook until the pasta is al dente and the broth is mostly evaporated-- about 9 minutes.
  3. Remove the pot from the stove and add in the heavy cream, stirring to combine. Remove the thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
  4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. 
That's it! The great things about this dish is that it only takes a short bit of time and you have to use one pot. Seriously, it's the best. Less dishes to clean, am I right? Another thing is that if you are dairy free, you can easily substitute the heavy cream for something else, such as nature balance butter and soy or almond milk. Google will give you all the information you need on substitutions, or a vegan cookbook. You could also take out the chicken to make a simple vegetarian dish! 

3 recipes down, 18 more to go. This One Pot Wonder Pasta is definitely going into the 'frequenter' section of my recipe book.


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts