tunesday tuesday: so happy hearted.

Ben Howard
Old Pine
Every Kingdom

So one of my small group leaders introduced me to this fellow a while back and ever since I've been smitten. His voice, musicality, lyrics, how he plays the guitar (youtube it friends)-- he sits it in his lap and beats it--everything about him is amazing. Man, oh man. I hope you enjoy this tune, because I think it's fantastic.
we stood
steady as the stars in the woods
so happy hearted
and the warmth rang true inside these bones
as the old pine fell we sang
Beautiful. Just plain beautiful.

In other news, I'm a very happy hearted person at the moment (well basically all of the time..). FINALS ARE OVER!! PARTAY! Emmhmmm. Also, that's where I've been for the past while, first I kept putting on posting, then thanksgiving with the fam + studying/getting nothing done (....), and then finals. Let's just say that I feel the freest that I've felt in a long time, with a happy heart but also sad because this semester is finished. I've loved this semester. It's been a great one, so great that I nearly cried while taking one of my finals today...it was also because I was so emotionally involved in my essay portion of my SOWK exam that I had so much joy in what I writing. The strengths perspective is so wonderful my friends. You can learn more about this beautiful element of social work here. It's all about celebrating the positives and focusing on what can happen. Beautiful. I'd go into great detail right now but I'm in the middle of finishing a canvas (pictures will come, promise) and I might just cry for real this time. Basically, I had this moment where I felt God saying "this is you. this is what I've created you for." My heart is oh so happy.

I love my future career. I love Ben Howard. And I love y'all, too..whoever you may be.

That's all folks. Enjoy your evening!



post signature

Comments

Popular Posts