happy thursday!

/via/

I meant to write a lovely hump day post yesterday but it was an extremely busy day and when I got home last night from Wesley (woot woot!) I literally passed out. I did, I did. So, HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY!!

Today is an extremely blustery day in the classic city. I walked out of my apartment this morning and shouted burr! with chattering teeth. Unfortunately I didn't have time to run back in and grab a sweatshirt but luckily I always have my rain jacket/windbreaker in my pack. Right now it's a whopping 70 degrees (F) outside. Chilly. Chilly. Chilly. It's day 4 of week 1 and life is pretty good. This semester is going to be full of 10 page research papers, 35 hours of volunteering with documentation, 6.5 psychology research hours, hanging out at Sparrow's Nest (check it out here!), small grouping with fellow Welsey folks, and a whole lot of fun. I'm so excited, even about all of my 10+ page papers for my social work classes and interpersonal communications class. They're fulfilling papers about things that I'm passionate about. Honestly, who wouldn't want to write a 10 page paper on something they could go on for hours about? My current mood: content and pumped and a little chilly. This semester is going to be wonderful. I, along with every other student, am turning over a new leaf, flipping to the next chapter, accepting an open invitation. Thank you Bob for your awe-inspiring, God filled words  last night, even the ones about us ladies planning our weddings to the tee...HA! We're starting fresh, it's a new dawn, a new day...and y'all, I'm so extremely excited!

I'm back in the Classic City, I'm all moved into my apartment, I've got wonderful roommates, loving and ridiculous friends..old and new, I'm a part of an incredible ministry, I know where all of my classes are, and I've got Jesus on my side. All is good, and I thank the Lord for all of His beautiful work and presence.

Now, on to my next and final class for Thursday and then lunch with one of the most incredible young men I know.

Happy Thursday!! I hope it's not as chilly as it is here!



post signature

Comments

Popular Posts