for the love of a sister.

To my baby sister,

Today is your 15th birthday. You're your usual self: forever sassy, occasionally sweet, brilliant minded, and always a bit nosy. That's you. And guess what, I love you for every bit that you are, no matter how mean you can be. You're my baby sister forever and always.

I just want you to know that I'm always here for you and I will always be. You can tell me anything, anytime. I want to know what your life is like, who's the cutest boy, what high school is like these days. I know that I'm rarely home and that this is the first time I've lived in the house for nearly 2 years. I know that we're in two different worlds right now and that we've never been on the same level in our lives, but we'll get there someday. I can't wait until that day, like 10 years from now where we'll have stuff to talk about, we'll both be adults, out in the world and maybe we'll finally be closer.

I know I'm not the perfect sister, I've never been and never will be but I hope you love me anyway. Today is your day, closer to your sweet 16th birthday, closer to growing up beyond childhood. The next few years are rough, but I know you can take it. Hopefully Allie will grow out of being this part of herself and you will grow into the beautiful young woman God has created you to be. I know you're already becoming that young woman. One day you'll know what you want to be when you grow up and I'll support you no matter what you choose. I love you till the end, dear little sister.

Today you are 15, you wanted to eat sushi, go see Monster's University, help build a lego dream house in the living room floor. You're living in your childhood and I pray that you hold on to it as long as you can. Take whatever dreams that are inside of your head (you lock them away from us) and run with them. Never forget who you are and who God has created you to be..oh and who mom and dad have raised you to be. You are beautiful, inside and out and don't you ever forget. I love you, even though you can be awful at times, but who isn't? You're the best middle sister I could imagine having.

Happy Birthday, baby sister!! Love you forever and always, for your craziness and all.



P.S.- I KNOW you can still do that chipmunk face, you can deny it all you want but I know you can still do it!!

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts