packing & packing & packing.


Packing. That is what I've been doing for the past day. Packing and repacking. I honestly hate packing, I mean I know that it's something necessary and that I'll being doing it for the rest of my life (sigh), but I hate it. I don't like having to box things up. It brings on sadness, frustration in the fact that you suddenly can't fit everything in a box as well as you did before, confusion, and the list goes on. I just don't like it. I sit here and look around the room, glancing as the messiness but nearly emptiness. An empty desk, an empty dresser, a book shelf with no books resting on it. All of this makes me sad. I mean, I'm happy to go home and live in my house with my family but I will miss this place. I will miss the quite, my friends, the church that I have grown to love....even though I haven't been in a few weeks because I've been at home. I don't want to leave. I hate that I won't be here next week. That I'll never live in this house again, or be able to hang out with my aunt everyday..I'll just be a visitor. Odd is what it feels, odd is what it is. Odd. Packing and leaving and unpacking and then repacking and then leaving. That is my life, and I understand that it's likely to be apart of my life for the rest of this life on earth. The LORD has blessed us with the ability to adapt to change, to move. We have to have faith in HIM that it will all be ok, that the packing and unpacking won't be that bad, that is for a reason, a reason to spread HIS love and do HIS will (like moving to follow your calling, to become educated in order to do what HE's got planned). That's how I see it. So, I pack to unpack to repack and then unpack again, whether I really want to. 

On another note, packing things this time around is exciting. It means that being back in my Classic City is just a few blinks away, that moving in with my lovely new roomies from Wesley is around the corner, that living in the CLS again is over the next hill, that hanging out with and tutoring some pretty awesome kiddos is in view. So you see, packing is also a good thing. 

The way I've decided that I'm going to view it is that packing is neither good nor bad, just as Darwin defined change. Packing is just packing, it's just normal.

Packing & packing & packing with a side of some movie on the Lifetime movie channel. I'm going to soak up this packing and enjoy the fact that it is a part of this beautiful, blessed life. So tonight I pray for all this packing and reassurance that all this packing will turn into a good thing. Enjoy this wonderful night, dahlings. 


P.S.- I have a goal of being able to pack my entire wardrobe in one suitcase.....which I cannot do but nearly can at the moment.



Comments

Popular Posts