tunesday tuesday: steady heart


Steffany Gretzinger
Steady Heart
The Undoing

It's been awhile and I'm sorry about that. Over the past few months I've hopped into a lot of new things; I'm working at Wesley, ministering to some awesome youth, going to school, running a committee, working at a bookstore, and trying to balance it all. I've been super overwhelmed. There have been days where I can literally feel my heart weighed down as I breathe. It sucks. It just does. There is nothing else I can say about it. Feeling like you can't find spiritually, physical, and emotional rest sucks. I wish that there was something nicer to say about it. I love everything that I do. I love leading a 4:30am prayer room on Wednesdays, I love Service Ambassadors, I love the 7 girls that I disciple soooooo much, I love the 10 kids that I get to be silly with, I love the chill days at the bookstore (for the most part), but when you add it all together it's overwhelming.

This song defines it all. Remembering His faithfulness, remembering that He is there, remembering that He is light and has given me light. I've got to hold fast to that. He pulls me through and I need to rest in the Lord, and I have neglected Him. I have. I hate that I have. He knows what I can handle, He is there, He brings rest... We just need to invite Him in. I invite Him into the mess, into my "room" (and my physical room...it's slowly becoming less of a disaster) that is disastrous and spend time with Him, like Mary in Luke. I imagine Him sitting with me and then we start cleaning and organizing together.  
as Jesus and His disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him. she had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what He said. but Martha was distracted by all of the preparations that had to be mad. she came to Him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed--or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Thanks Jesus. We need to be like Mary. We need to choose the better. I need to choose Him.

Enjoy Steffany and her incredible voice and her passion. She's from Bethel.

Happy Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts