recipe: easy dairy-free muffins.

A friend and advisor of mine recently found out that he is lactose intolerant. I can't even fathom what it's like to go from being a cheese lover to not being able to eat cheese because it makes you sick. I love cheese..and yogurt. It would stink. So, this past weekend I decided I'd bring some muffins to our Saturday morning meeting that everyone could enjoy. Let me just say that they were so delicious that there wasn't any muffins left! Yes, they were that good. They were that good and simple that I've made these muffins twice this week! SO. GOOD.


Here's the low down:

Dairy-Free Muffins

Adapted from The Frugal Greenish Mama
Makes about regular 12 muffins (I got 15 from the first batch)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (canola, veggie, melted coconut)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk)
1/2 to 1 cup extras (chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, etc.)

**if you use frozen fruit, rinse it & dry it before you throw it in the bowl**



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your pan(s) or throw in muffin tin liners.
  2. Cream together oil and sugar, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. 
  4. Add 'milk' and mix thoroughly. It takes a little effort to get the milk mixed in well. 
  5. Throw in your extras and fold them until they are just mixed.
  6. Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full or 3 tbsp full.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
The first time I made these muffins, I added in peaches, mango, and strawberries from one of the frozen berry mixes from Kroger. This morning I added in chocolate chips and swirled chocolate syrup on top just before popping them in the oven. I wish I had a picture, they looked so good!

We've had some snow here in the Classic City as well as Atlanta and the metro-area, if you haven't seen it on the news. No class yesterday, a delay this morning, and two classes cancelled due to my professors being commuters from the Atlanta area. Yay for snow! Boo for the ice. It's not like our usual Georgia snow with a crunchy layer of ice on top to help hold everything together, so our little snowman kind of looked sad and was difficult to create! We took three breaks, not gonna lie. 

Hope that y'all enjoy your afternoon and stay nice and toasty!!



post signature

Comments

Popular Posts