what's cooking good looking?

I've been pulled into cooking. I love it. I've tried to actually cook, meaning not heating up soup or minute rice, most days this week and I really enjoy it. I got extremely excited about Publix having packages of sliced and whole baby portobello mushrooms. I love mushrooms, especially portobellos. They have this savory, meaty flavor to them which is perfect, because I can't eat beef. I used to not like mushrooms as a child. I mean, I loved cream of mushroom in things and mushroom gravy but didn't like mushrooms. I think I took one look at them and decided that I didn't like them. Well I do now, in fact I love them. So I've sautéd mushrooms twice this week and ate some raw ones for lunch with my carrots, leaves, and cucumber slices. I need to find more recipes with mushrooms. I love them and I've been on this cooking track for over a week. I've been pinteresting and pining for delicious things to make on the cheap and I've found a good few. I'm excited about this newfound love of expressing myself through cooking. You get to be creative and hopefully it turns out delicious tasting, too. Maybe I'll make a day out of my cooking stuff...hmmm

Oh and I love rosemary, too. The sent, the taste, everything about it.

Do you like to cook? Do you have some mad skills? Do you like to eat? Do you make swanky, swanky food (gourmet)?

Yay for a Thursday!! Hope you have a fantastic one!! We're taking the nest babies to see the Power Team tonight, aka the men who rip phonebooks in half and then talk about Jesus. I think they're gonna love it!!


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts