such a vent sesh.

Sorry everybody, I've got to vent, both positive and negative things. It's my way of coping with stress, frustration, whatever but you already know that and it's cool. So here we go.

So, Wesley was incredible last night. I mean the Lord was shaking Grand Hall so hard last night. It was the last part to the Gospel series that Bob has been preaching on and let me tell you, all three weeks have been spot on. The focus of the series was John 3.16...
"God loved the world such an unmeasurable amount, that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus so that whosoever believes in Him and who He is, will not perish but live ETERNALLY with the Lord." 
John 3.16 (Jenni's translation
The focus of week one was love and how the Lord's love for us is vast and infinite, and how we are to take all of that love and spread it around. Very Mother Teresa-ish. Goodness, I love that sweet woman. Week two was all amount accepting the gift of Christ, that He's already given you the greatest gift, He's just waiting for you to open it and accept and totally freak out. This past and final week of the series was focused on believing and enjoying the salvation that the Lord has blessed us with. And this guy got up and shared the most beautiful spoken word I've ever heard during the offering. I'm going to have to post pictures and segments of my journal for all of you. I just cannot put into words the power of this series, but I feel like my journaling in those moments can. It's pretty y'all, oh yeah it is.

The way that a Wesley service works is that when you come in fun music is playing, the lights are dimmed and the announcement video is shown, then offering is taken up, followed by a song set. After the song set is finished (usually 3-4 songs) Bob gets up and shares the message, and then another song set is played until the moment is right (around 10:15). That's the low down of Wesley.

After Bob's message (really God's message through Bob), I was sitting, reflecting, and meditating on the message, just getting into the zone and one of my roommates (we ride to Wesley together because we have LEADprayer before the service) comes up to me and is like "let's go." It wasn't a friendly "let's go," it was a frustrated 'why haven't we left yet' "let's go," which frustrated me. I understand why she was ready to go and all, she had homework (she had all week to do it...) to do for today, it was just how inconsiderate she was of me and my reflection and soak-in time with the Lord. No consideration at all. So I politely asked her if we could just stay for this song and then leave and she replied with a frustrated "sure." She stood behind me with a pouty and ticked face the entire time, and might I add moaning, making it extremely difficult to refocus because all I could focus on was her unhappiness, which is not something that I should have been focusing on....

UGHHH!! I don't like it when people do not consider the other person. She is going to be a teacher for goodness sakes! You have to be considerate of others at all times and teach others to be considerate of others at all times!!! I think you should get a head start now. But really.

There was so much more frustration to last night, including talking about our families and her being so confused about my sister and how she is naturally.....too much to get into.

Sorry about all of the whining and frustration and just plain complaining. I love my roommate and in my own way, I was inconsiderate to her wanting to leave....just her moaning and complaining was a bit childish and out of hand.

So that was my vent sesh and guess what? I feel so much better. I can head over to my SOWK class with a brighter disposition and more focus and whatever else. All the things.

Just pray for me and my roommates and all of the frustration that it is and as always, thanks for putting up with me! Have a great Thursday!! ONE MORE DAY TILL FRIDAY! TWO MORE DAYS TILL FOOTBALL!!!!



post signature

Comments

Popular Posts