more than words can say.

I'm back at the house! The only problem is that my heart is still longing for camp and all of the excitement and love it pours out, and I miss my wonderful campers. They were the best. I woke up this morning thinking I was still in my cabin with Lauren and Callie, hoping to roll out of bed and pop into the bathroom before getting ready for the day. Oh my heart is longing.

I've been blessed more than words can ever say this past session. It breaks my heart that it's already over. This summer's team completely enveloped me with their welcoming and loving arms and I don't think I could've felt more love and acceptance as I stepped back into the swing of things. Everyone is amazing. There are so many beautiful, love and Spirit filled, God longing souls that worked there this summer. I am so glad that I can call each of them a new friend, a new person to walk with in our relationships with Christ, to walk with in life itself. They're all incredible. Oh, how I miss them. I had some pretty awesome campers, too. Week 8 and week 9 I had 3 campers that were my campers last year and I loved it. Every minute, even the times where we just couldn't remember our water bottle, or pick up enough sticks, or the rough focus times where my co-counselor and I sat there pouring out all of these gorgeous words and questions waiting for them to respond and they just didn't. I loved it all.

The theme of this year was All Things New. New Creation, New Shape, New Expression, New Understanding, New Life, and New Community. Each and every one of these daily themes popped up in my life over these past few weeks. I found a new community within the staff, a new way to worship: to sit and listen to the beautiful voices and feeling the Lord presence and work through them, I found new ways to look a creation, so many new metaphors for the Lord ever constant love and molding of us, and a new creation within myself. I've begun to understand my calling a bit more over the past few weeks, that maybe He has more for me than to just be a social worker, sitting in a room, waiting for another client. My call are His children and I fall more and more in love with working with them everyday. I had a co-counselor constantly telling me that I am a first grade teacher and that I should give him ten years to see if he's right. He might be. Our callings are constantly changing, the Lord is constantly pulling us into other forms of service and love. Constantly.

I've laughed more than ever in the past few weeks. I learned that I snort way more than I thought, that I am more beautiful than I give the Lord credit for, that I can explain where my first aid kit is to my campers while sleep talking. (FOR. REAL.) Those kids poured out the Lord for me, I saw Him in everything that they did. They're so wonderful and beautiful and sassy. Oh so sassy. His love was in every waking moment and it radiated around that camp. The rain didn't keep us from having a blast. We ran one way in a circle, ran the other way, brought it in and out, and then spun around and had the time of our lives. They challenged their fears, embraced their awesomeness, and hopefully learned something new about the most beautiful Savior everyday. I poured out my love and they poured even more back. Those kids and teenagers pulled me up when I was down and kept me going when life outside of that place was thrown in my face. I've been blessed more than words can say.

Now, I'm headed back to the Classic City while all of them head home and off to school and who knows what else. I pray that they continue this community that was created at camp, that they shine His Light everywhere that they go, that they live boldly and humbly and believe that they can overcome anything and everything. I pray that they hold onto the kite tails of the Lord, that they run with Him and feel His presence, that they worship without fear, that they love with all that they are, that they understand and know the beauty of the Lord and the life that He's created for each of us. God is so good. Always good.

I pray that whoever has my little Bible that they use it much more than I did, that they become stronger through it, that they fall more in love with Christ as they read it, that they find a new understanding of the Lord and all that He is as they use it.


I've been blessed more than these few words can say. These words are my honeycomb. I give You praise and all of the honor. You are my God, the one I live for. I give you praise, all of the glory God. Forever and ever. AMEN.

Oh, the joy. Oh the sweet, sweet joy. AMEN.




post signature

Comments

Popular Posts