it's time.

It's time. Time for what? Time to get my fitness on. Really, it is. So here's the story:

I've been an active person my entire life. I started taking dancing classes at the age of 2 1/2, I played soccer in the backyard with my best friend for years because there wasn't a team for my elementary school in Louisiana, I ran track in middle and high school, cheered in middle school and for a brief moment in elementary school. Oh and I was on the dance line and colorguard in high school, too. I'm an active person. I eat pretty healthy, too. I love vegetables and I don't eat a lot of pasta or starches, just the occasional ramen noodle soup pack. I eat whole grains, trail mix, rarely red meat (I don't have an enzyme needed to digest beef properly), and I love love love fish. I don't consider myself to be overweight or fat but I'll be honest, I don't always like the person I see in the mirror. I've never been super thin and I honestly don't want to be. I want to feel more confident in myself. I know that God has made me beautiful the way that I am and that I am loved and that I am perfect but that is not the problem. I want to be more confident in myself. I want to feel healthier. I want to not worry about pushing the overweight button by being between 143-147lbs (why is this nearly overweight?) and about 5'2". I wear a size 8 in pants and I can't wear juniors pants because they are cut outrageously weird for some reason. I want to be able to run a mile in 5 and a half minutes again instead of the current 7 and a half minutes. I want to be able to run a half marathon and progress to a marathon. That's what I want, to feel good.

So starting today, well to be honest I started Tuesday, I'm getting my fitness on more. I'm going to hold myself  accountable for working out at least once a day. Sure I walk everyday and I dance around the house constantly and do lunges and pushups and planks, but that does not suffice. It does not. I've got to kick in gear and stick to some sort of plan. I made this "workout notebook" filled with workouts torn out of Fitness Magazine and things that I found on Pinterest, but have I honestly completed at least a fifth of them. NO, I haven't. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that I haven't completed a total workout from one of those pages except for maybe 7 times including Tuesday and yesterday. So, I'm getting my fitness on. I've got a plan. I found this awesome crossfit workout on this blog (a totally awesome fitness and life blog by this super adventurous woman), and I'm sticking to it. I am so excited everybody, I mean SO EXCITED.

Here's to it being time to get my fitness on and to being confident. And here's a song that has been on every commercial and was in Perks of Being a Wallflower (incredible movie that you need to see if you haven't yet!). It's one of my favorites to harmonize with!

Imagine Dragons
It's Time
Interscope Records


P.S. The healthiness of getting my fitness on will come after finals....I bought 2 pints of ice cream at the grocery today....not the best decision. I am totally pulling the "finals card" on this. I'm so bad.



Comments

Popular Posts