decoration configuration.


So, I'm back to decorating my room in the townhouse I'm living with two other wonderful young women in the fall. I am so terribly ready to be there y'all. My bones shake from being so excited! I don't know if anyone has noticed but I love images and design and have ever since I was a little girl. I grew up with 12 channels: 5 news channels, the Jesus channel, 2 spanish channels, the weather channel, 2 pbs', and the WB. So when I would go stay at my aunt's house I would watch TLC and HGTV (this was back when Trading Spaces and While You Were Out were on). I fell in love right from the start and started designing my house right then. At one point in high school I even decided that I would be an interior designer. Did that work out? Nope. Can I still design my apartment and future humble abodes? Of course! So here we are.
  • I bought the purple bedspread at the bottom for $11something at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon. It was originally $90 and marked down to $15. If I can find some pretty sheets at a thrift store, kind of like these Anthropologie ones, then I might make a duvet cover. 
  • I love florals and nature-y things. Oh how they make like so much more beautiful and bring the great outdoors in.  
  • I have a desk very similar to the gray and flowered one that my neighbors gave to me when they moved last spring. I love it! The only difference is that the drawers are on the right. I really want to paint it but who knows.
  • Wall collages are the bomb.com. I've been digging for frames around my house to make a photo and print. I am definitely including the illustrations and quotes I put in the collage plus a whole bunch more. I love quotes. They just warm my heart. What could be more cheerful and lovely than a wall of happy quotes?
  • PILLOWS. What more can I say? Pillows make the world a comfier place, especially pretty ones. 


All that's left is to buy a plant! I am so excited to move into my house in the fall!! It's going to be great. The three of us ladies are going to be living so nice and thrifty (at least I am) in the wonderful Classic City. 


Hooray for Friday!! I hope you're enjoying yours! I'm getting advised for the fall today! WOOHOO!



Comments

Popular Posts